kneeling fisherman

kneeling fisherman

Tuesday, January 3, 2023

God's Church Here

In the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit. Amen.

Psalm 25.1-5 (note: The psalmist knows that he is threatened by enemies (v.2-3) and that he is also marked with guilt by the sins of his youth and his failures (v.7, see also 11, 17-18). He prays for forgiveness, for rescue, and above all, for a new orientation of his life according to Yahweh’s ways.)

To you, O Lord, I lift up my soul.
O my God, in you I trust;
    let me not be put to shame;
    let not my enemies exult over me.
Indeed, none who wait for you shall be put to shame;
    they shall be ashamed who are wantonly treacherous.

Make me to know your ways, O Lord;
    teach me your paths.
Lead me in your truth and teach me,
    for you are the God of my salvation;
    for you I wait all the day long.

Remember your mercy, O Lord, and your steadfast love,
    for they have been from of old.
Remember not the sins of my youth or my transgressions;
    according to your steadfast love remember me,
    for the sake of your goodness, O Lord!

Prayer: Gracious and almighty Father, we are your church, forgiven and free by the blood of your Son Jesus. We know you love families so help us to engage families to follow Jesus. Show us how to promote a culture of home prayer and Bible study with parents as the key teachers. Lead us outside our physical, emotional, and mental walls so that we may meet those who are hungry, lonely, thirsty, hurting, wandering and wondering. Be seen by and be leading our leaders; grant them wisdom and humility in prayer. We wait for you, Father, Son and Holy Spirit. Amen.

Now I may go freely into the day and the work you put in front of me Lord; thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment