Verse for the week: Our Savior Christ Jesus…abolished death and brought life and immortality to light. II Timothy 1.10
Prayer for the week:
“Our Lord Jesus, you have endured the doubts and foolish questions
of every generation. Forgive us for trying to be judge over you. Grant us the
confident faith to confess you as Lord. Amen” (Lutheran Book of Worship).
Bible reading for the day: Psalm 23
The Lord is
my shepherd; I shall not want.
2 He makes me lie down in
green pastures.
He leads me beside still waters.
3 He restores my soul.
He leads me in paths of righteousness
for his name's sake.
4 Even though I walk
through the valley of the shadow of death,
I will fear no evil,
for you are with me;
your rod and your staff,
they comfort me.
5 You prepare a table
before me
in the presence of my enemies;
you anoint my head with oil;
my cup overflows.
6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me
all the days of my life,
and I shall dwell in the house of the Lord
forever.
Prayer (based on TRIP* method): Gracious, good Shepherd, thank you for
the table you prepare before me: a sip of wine, a morsel of bread, yet at the
same time your body & your blood brimming over with the gifts of
forgiveness, life, and salvation. Thank
you! When I must tread the valley of the
shadow of death, the rod and staff of your word, your promise are with me to
defeat anything the devil and his allies throw at me. Send your Holy Spirit and sustain me as your
sheep that I may delight in your green pastures and your pathways…and may sing
to others the praise of you, my Good Shepherd.
In Jesus’ name I ask it. Amen.
“I believe in Jesus Christ…
What does this mean?
I believe that Jesus Christ — true God, begotten of the
Father from eternity, and also true man, born of the Virgin Mary — is my Lord.
He has redeemed me, a lost and condemned creature, and has freed me from sin,
death, and the power of the devil, not with silver and gold, but with his holy
and precious blood and his innocent suffering and death. He has done all this
in order that I might be his own, live under him in his kingdom, and serve him
in everlasting righteousness, innocence, and blessedness, even as he is risen
from the dead and lives and reigns for all eternity. This is most certainly
true! (from The Small Catechism,
by Martin Luther ©Reclaim Resources, Sola Publishing, 2011)
Hymn: follow this link to a beloved hymn that gives
further voice to today’s conversation with the Lord: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LF2M8nvKK9k
benediction: May
the God of peace himself grow you in his will entirely; and may your spirit and
soul and body be kept sound and blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus
Christ. The one who calls you is
faithful, and he will do this.
Amen. I Thess 5.23
T: thanksgiving
No comments:
Post a Comment