kneeling fisherman

kneeling fisherman

Monday, January 3, 2022

Petition, Day 2

Along with many in our association, our congregation is beginning the year with three days of prayer. 

Day Two: Petition       Three Days of Prayer 

Psalm 119:10,25-32,107

With my whole heart I seek you;
    let me not wander from your commandments!

My soul clings to the dust;
    give me life according to your word!
26 When I told of my ways, you answered me;
    teach me your statutes!
27 Make me understand the way of your precepts,
    and I will meditate on your wondrous works.
28 My soul melts away for sorrow;
    strengthen me according to your word!
29 Put false ways far from me
    and graciously teach me your law!
30 I have chosen the way of faithfulness;
    I set your rules before me.
31 I cling to your testimonies, O Lord;
    let me not be put to shame!
32 I will run in the way of your commandments
    when you set my heart free!

I am severely afflicted;
    give me life, O Lord, according to your word!

Matthew 7.7-11

“Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives, and the one who seeks finds, and to the one who knocks it will be opened. Or which one of you, if his son asks him for bread, will give him a stone? 10 Or if he asks for a fish, will give him a serpent? 11 If you then, who are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father who is in heaven give good things to those who ask him!

Prayer: Gracious and almighty Father, you indeed are the only one who knows how to give us what we truly need… and you teach us ask, so here I am asking. Please deliver our hearts from our afflicted, prideful selves, from the false ways of the Devil and the world… set our hearts free to run in your ways rather than our own. I ask this for myself and for: our congregation, our leaders, and for the new leaders we will need; for our council and our staff; for those who carry out ministries, for marriages and parents, for Financial Peace University courses, for the Sunday School teachers, for our Faith Stepping Stones ministry with parents, for Kimberly and Lynn & Jason and the leaders of our children and youth ministries, for those leading adult Bible studies and for those leading small groups; for Pat & Kathy Quade and those who visit the hospitalized, home-bound and nursing home residents; for Michelle Martin and our preschool staff; for relationships nurtured through Breaking Bread; for our missionaries, local and global, especially Sumya and Undra, Kendrick, Jerry & Stacy, Enrique, Juan, for Pastor Tim & Alison Sternberg and family as they begin their service among us; and for Ryan and Laurie Grube and their son Sebastian as they discern whether or not they are called among us; and that you would please grant Jody full recovery of his voice and abilities… and I ask all this in the name of your Son, Jesus Christ, our Lord. Amen.

Now I may go freely into the day and the work you put in front of me Lord; thank you.

(more information on our three days of prayer available here: https://www.nbstpaul.org/3-days-of-prayer-2022/ ) 


No comments:

Post a Comment